Chocolate Covered Coﬀee Bean Bark Recipe - Backpacking Snacks
Chocolate Covered Coﬀee Bean Bark Recipe
Ok you coffee lovers! Here is the best of the best... chocolate and coffee while you are in the wilderness?! Umm, ya you can't get much better than that!
So for those of you that don't know, I am obsessed with coffee. I always have to have my morning cup of coffee, and then maybe more coffee in the afternoon :) So, when I am out on the trail, lets face it, I want coffee. On every adventure I make sure to pack my coffee, but when I started making this chocolate coffee bean bark, lets just say I was hooked!
Now, don't get me wrong, I still have my morning cup of Joe in my absolute favorite cup, but this coffee bean bark is just an extra something special for the day .
Ok so lets get started on this awesome Chocolate Covered Coffee Bean Bark!
- Melt the dark chocolate by simply putting the chocolate in a glass bowl and microwave for 15 seconds. Stir. Then microwave for an additional 15 seconds. Continue this until chocolate is melted. This will take about 2 minutes. Be careful to not microwave for too long or else your chocolate will burn. You can also melt the chocolate in a double boiler or
- Add the coffee beans into the bowl of melted chocolate.
- Toss in the coffee beans and stir to coat.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the mixture onto the parchment paper. Make sure you spread evenly but keep all the beans together.
- Place in freezer for an hour to let cool.
- Take out of freezer and break into chunks.
- Portion into small plastic bags for your next adventure!
Wanting to make Chocolate covered coffee beans? The only difference is instead of spreading the mixture onto the parchment paper you will need to fish the coffee beans out of the chocolate one by one with a fork. Then place each bean on the parchment paper making sure they don't touch other beans.
Makes 5 servings.
I hope you all enjoyed this recipe. Don't forget to share this one with your friends! Did you make the recipe? Leave a comment below. I would love to hear from you.
Wishing you nothing but awesome adventures,
Adventuring of a Small Town Girl
Want to see more Backpacking snacks? Check them out here: