Homemade Potato Chips
For years I have been trying to get my adventure and backpacking snacks figured out. I want healthy and yummy not to mention light weight. Now, this is hard to find. Typically you can have one, maybe two of the elements, but never all three. So, I have been on a mission to make new recipes and get some delicious, healthy, and BONUS lightweight snacks that will be perfect for every adventure you go on.
Now, with all that being said, I am obsessed with potato chips. I could eat them all day everyday; however, I know that they aren't good for me so I struggle to stay away... the struggle is real people!
The other day I decided to try making my own potato chips and OMGEEEEE they turned out amazing! I will probably be making these for every adventure I go on! So here is how to make them:
- 1 Large sweet potato (you can use any type of potato you want)
- Coconut Oil Spray
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 250 degrees
- Cut your sweet potato into 1/8th" slices ( i used a vegetable cutter to get them the right size and even, but you can use a knife. Just make sure to not cut them too thick.)
- Spread potato chips out on a cookie sheet
- Spray potatoes with the coconut oil spray
- Sprinkle the chips with salt and pepper
- Bake in the oven for 60 minutes or until they begin to turn a golden brown. (check at 55 minutes.)
Let me know if you tried this recipe by leaving a comment below. Also, if you love it don't forget to share :)
Wishing you all amazing adventures!